Reflexology is the practice of applying pressure to the feet or hands using specific thumb, finger and hand techniques with the use of oil, cream or lotion. Uses a principle that areas of the feet and hands relate to internal organs, glands and structures of the body. The left foot/hand representing the left half of the body and no prizes to guess which side of the body the right foot/hand represent. In reflexology the pressure is applied to the relevant reflex area(s) to prompt a change in the related part of the body.
It can be a positive method of improving your health and general well-being. Some use it as a way of preventing illness, aiding recovery or assisting in revitalising energy due to its gentle nature.
Many of my clients experience a variety of benefits from having reflexology that have included:
- Reduced muscular tension.
- Eased stress.
- Encouraged a sense of well-being and calmness.
- Relaxed the whole body.
- Helped to relieved fatigue and increased energy levels.
- Reduce the severity of migraines and headaches.
- Increased recovery after an injury.
- Helped ease shoulder spams.
- Reduced period pain & discomfort.
- Pain reduction.
- Balance hormones.
- Stimulation of the intestine & colon to help constipation from IBS.
- Helped reduce high blood pressure.
- Stimulated the bodies systems to work more efficiently.
Duration & pricing:
45 minutes – £35
60 minutes – £40