Indian Head Massage
Sitting on a comfortable padded chair an Indian head massage focuses on the upper back, shoulders, upper arms, neck, scalp and face. You can experience the massage fully clothed with massage techniques being performed through your upper garments. Or if preferred a towelling wrap is supplied for females so massage oil and a tailor-made blend of aromatherapy essential oils can be applied to your skin to increase the therapeutic effects of the massage.
A variety of massage techniques are used to help promote relaxation and ease tight muscles which include; frictions to help loosen adhesion’s and improve movement. Thumb pushes and finger pulls to squeeze out toxins. Grasping and pull backs is a soft tissue mobilisation technique which helps to release tight neck muscles and increase range of movement . Heel rubbing stimulates blood flow and circulation.
Many of my clients experience a variety of benefits from having Indian head massage that have included:
- Feeling generally relaxed and calm.
- Relief from depression and mental tiredness – resulting in greater mental alertness and clearer thinking.
- Relief from tension headaches, eye strain, TMJ and nasal congestion.
- Relaxed uncomfortable muscles, eased stiffness, helped to break down knots and nodules in the muscular tissues.
- Increased joint mobility.
- Encouraged deeper breathing and deeper relaxation (triggers the release of ‘feel good’ chemicals called endorphins creating an almost euphoric sensation of contentment and happiness).
- Helped to create a more balanced state of mind during and after treatment.
- Helped to ease tension in the head and scalp,which can also encourage promoting hair growth.
Duration & pricing:
45 minutes – £30
60 minutes – £35