Deep Tissue Massage
Deep tissue massage involves firm manipulation and focuses on realigning the deepest layers of muscle tissue, tendons and fascia (the protective layer surrounding muscles, bones and joints). At the beginning of the massage, quick lighter pressure is generally applied to warm up and prep the muscles. Then slow deep pressure using fingers, knuckles and forearms is concentrated and on areas where there is chronic tension or injury. Pressure is applied to targeted areas of the body, normally focusing on major muscle groups. Deep tissue massage helps to ease chronic muscular aches and pains. Releasing contracted muscle tissues in areas such as a stiff neck and upper back, low back pain, leg muscle tightness and sore shoulders. It can also be used to relieve strain and treat injuries in your joints and tendons.
The most common techniques I use for deep tissue massage are:
- Stripping – deep, gliding pressure along the length of the muscle fibres.
- Frictions – pressure applied across the grain of a muscle to release adhesions and realign tissue fibres.
- Myofascial release – for stretching the fascia. Fascia is located between the skin and the underlying structure of muscle and bone.
- Trigger point or neuromuscular therapy – involves applying pressure to tender muscle tissue in order to relieve pain. Once pressure is applied to a muscle spasm, the pressure is held for up to ten seconds.
- Muscle Energy Technique – lengthen muscles and normalise joint motion.
I only use Cruelty Free, Paraben Free, Vegan Friendly, 100% natural carrier and pure essential aromatherapy oils within my massage treatments.
Many of my clients experience a variety of benefits from having deep tissue massage that have included:
- Improved mobility, increased range of movement and flexibility.
- Enhanced sleep quality.
- Release of “happy hormones” (serotonin & oxytocin).
- A reduced level of pain and discomfort.
- Eased muscular tension and spasms.
- Eased repetitive strain injury.
- Reduced sciatica discomfort.
- Lessened piriformis syndrome symptoms.
- Reduced upper back and neck pain.
- Enhanced well-being.
- Lowers High Blood Pressure
- Relieves stress
Duration & Pricing:
60 minutes – £40
90 minutes – £60